Furniture Projects, Craft Projects, Thrift Store projects

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Mahogany Kidney Shaped Desk

This mahogany desk is a real beauty, and has so much potential. The pictures do not show it very well, but the varnish is in bad shape and it really needs a lot of TLC to bring it back to it's former glory. My plan is to do the same thing I did to the petite tallboy, but I am not sure what color to do.







Yes another blue piece, but just wait I have big plans!!!





It is hard to see, but I drew what I wanted on here with a white charcoal pencil. I decided what I wanted to draw and then I free handed until I was satisfied.



No Stencils here!




Now for side number 2






Clear wax is now on, it makes the paint look richer and deeper.



Now I need to stain  and wax the top.


Drawers are lightly stained to make them a little richer and darker, and they are ready for clear wax.



It's done!










5 comments:

  1. What about a cool gray color? Or a warm creamy white color? I love this piece and can't wait to see the end result. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! It is still one of my favorites.

      Delete
  3. You did such a beautiful job with this! Free handing those vines, you're a rock star! Seriously I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The artist in me loved doing this piece, it was one of my most favorites. The joy I felt doing it, still makes me happy, and am hoping I can do this again soon on another piece. I actually have a small dresser I am thinking of doing it on in the very near future.

      Delete