Furniture Projects, Craft Projects, Thrift Store projects

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Retro desk isn't Retro Anymore

    This is a desk that I think is from the 40's, but I am not totally sure.
I wasn't really sure what to do with this desk, I had to stare at it for a while, ponder, walk away and just think about it. Sometimes I have a piece that is just easy to figure out and I know from the beginning what I want to do. Sometimes Retro furniture takes more time to figure out. Yesterday as I stripped the varnish off the top and the drawers I continued to run my ideas through my head. It wasn't until I was almost ready to go to sleep last night that "THE" idea popped into my head. 
I forgot to take pictures of the desk before I stripped it, so this is what I have.





The top will be sanded down a little so  it won't look so busy in the end. Still a lot left to do, but this is a good start.


Finished Desk

It is hard to take good pictures at night and in the garage, so better pictures 
will be coming soon.












No comments:

Post a Comment