Furniture Projects, Craft Projects, Thrift Store projects

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sophisticated Black Desk

    
Sophisticated desk
 This desk is going to be a lot different than other pieces I have done. I have painted many pieces of furniture in my own home black, but have yet to do it for my business. This desk is going to be very clean and sophisticated when it is done.



First I am going to strip the top because I am going to re stain it with a dark stain. I love leaving some of the wood showing if the wood if it is high quality wood.


I am also going to  be stripping and staining the drawers too.


First coat of paint. I am using oil base paint for this one, because you can get a deeper richer black than with anything else, so this is going to need to dry for a day before I can put on another coat.





Stained top and drawers and after that was thoroughly dry I waxed it with dark wax by Annie Sloan








I think this is one smart and sophisticated desk!

3 comments:

  1. That desk is beautiful! Where did you get the black paint? What brand and color is it? Thanks.
    Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know what paint or product you used for the black/charcoal part. It is lovely

    ReplyDelete