Furniture Projects, Craft Projects, Thrift Store projects

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Painted Lady Cottage Chic Desk



 This desk started off a hideous blue, so we could only go up from here!
 


It has great detail but I felt like I needed to add a little more. I was able to take apart the letter holder that mounts on top of the desk.


Out of all the stencils I own I did not have one the right size, so I used my new machine, the Silhouette to designs and cut out the shape I wanted. I use a little spray adhesive to hold the stencil in place.


I have this great product that is an embossing cream and it kind of looks like chocolate pudding.


 I use a small pallet knife to spread it over my stencil


When you lift your stencil it leaves a raised design. You let it dry for a good 24 before you paint over it. It makes it look like there it carved wood detail where there was none.


Here is my painted lady!
I used Annie Sloane chalk paint. Colors are Versailles green and cream. I also added some more dimension in the paint by adding a bronze gold antiquing glaze to certain places.




















No comments:

Post a Comment