Furniture Projects, Craft Projects, Thrift Store projects

Friday, October 3, 2014

Coastal Colors Lowboy Dresser

  
I did this dresser back in July and I am finally getting it posted on the blog. I am much better at keeping my Facebook page updated.
This dresser need serious help, on its own it is not completely ugly, but really needed an upgraded look. The top wasn't even really wood, it was that fake 70's resin wood. I wanted to have some fun with this one and decided to do some coastal colors. Since I live near the beach it made it even more fun to do.
I didn't take any pictures of the process, because by this point I have done so many dresser like this that if you need to see how I do it you can look at my other tutorials. I used Annie Sloan chalk paint, Provence blue, old white and French linen. I did a light wash of Duck Egg over the Provence blue to tone it down and give more depth to the blue.


See the ugly fake wood top!


There are 9 drawers it took me awhile to paint them 3 different colors.













No comments:

Post a Comment