Furniture Projects, Craft Projects, Thrift Store projects

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sophisticated Grey Lowboy dresser



I just finished the whole set and it turned out incredible. I put them up for sale and they were gone in 2 days.


You can go to this link to see pictures of the Tallboy project


Here is the lowboy all finished and fancy free




 Here is the wonderful BEFORE shot.



 Yep drawers galore here!!! These are the drawers for the lowboy dresser and the nightstand.


This is what the finish was looking like, not good, not good at all!


I want it to have a layered look when I go to sand and distress it, so I am purposefully painting the first coat with ASCP Old White.


Doing some trim work.




Here is the first coat of my homemade mixture of French Linen. I used all Annie Sloan chalk paints to make it. I wanted this to match the tallboy dresser so I needed to mix together the same mixture, it is like being a mad scientist of chalk paint.



I mixed a color darker than French Linen for all the flat parts of the drawers, this will give the dresser more depth in the end. Is it more work to do this? YES! Is it worth it? YES!


I am done with second coat and adding in more Old White trim color. I like to sand before I wax, I know it is messier, but I find it much easier to do it before.


I forgot to take pictures of the hardware while painting it, but basically I did a dry brush technique with Old White, let it dry then waxed it with clear wax.

















No comments:

Post a Comment