Furniture Projects, Craft Projects, Thrift Store projects

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dressy Dresser

This dresser has been a piece of work!!!
It is hard to see in the pictures what rough shape this is in. I spent hours gluing down loose veneer, and just overall repairs. But as usual it will all be worth it in the end. I want to make sure the new owner will enjoy it and that it continues to be sturdy.

The backside had to be totally taken off due to damage and I will replace it with a new one. Home Depot here I come!

Poor naked dresser.

I masked off the sides and since the top did not have the same detail as the bottom I created it with paint.

This is just a preview there is much more work to be done. I ran out of white paint today, so there is still more to do.

The pictures came out dark, but there will be better pictures when it is done. The wood is not this dark in person. I have a new trick up my sleeve that I am going to try on this dresser, but you will have to wait and see. And it is not stenciling!

Ok It's done and I have made more changes!

I found a new product that I absolutely love, and it is an embossing cream. It looks like chocolate frosting and you use a puddy knife and a stencil and  then in the end you have something that looks like carved wood. Love, love, love the stuff!

Baby's got Back!
After taking off the old back, I cut a new one and it is all shiny and new.

Well you know me I can't leave the drawers naked, so these got special attention. Someone had refinished this dresser a long time ago and left the drawers a mess, so there was no way to clean them up and make them nice with out painting them inside and out.

I'm ready for a new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment