Furniture Projects, Craft Projects, Thrift Store projects

Friday, March 15, 2013

Frumpy to Fab/ Desk

So this was a nice clean desk, nothing wrong with it, but just frumpy and plain. This desk was asking to be made into something that stood out, something Fabulous!



It spent a little time on its back, so I could paint it easier.


First I stained the top let it dry for a few days, then spent some time with my new favorite stencil.




I did the same thing with the drawers as I did the top.


It can be tricky keeping a large stencil on a smaller drawer so I sprayed the back of the stencil lighty with spray adhesive.


After the paint dried I lightly sanded the tops.




I love the hardware that I ordered from Hobby Lobby.




I still need to distress the white part of the desk, and spray a light coat of protectant on it, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. It will look nicer when I can take pictures of it outside.










3 comments:

  1. Where do you get stencils that large?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got this one at Hobby Lobby and you can order it online. I am sure you can get it at most bigger craft stores. It was only $16 so very affordable, plus with Hobby Lobby or Michaels you can use a 40% off coupon.
      http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/victorian-baroque-wall-and-floor-stencil-576025/

      Delete
  2. Wish i could of seen the steps to distress the white.

    ReplyDelete