Furniture Projects, Craft Projects, Thrift Store projects

Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 14/ Today's Projects

It may not be pretty, but after the fumes I dealt with yesterday with the furniture stripper I figured it should be safety first!



Yesterday I stained the top of this desk and it's drawers, so today's project is to paint the desk. 
I am going to be stenciling over the stain and the stain will be a backdrop so the stencils will pop out. I can see the finished product in my head, so I am excited to get moving on this so everyone else can see what has been swimming in my brain.




Here is Ugly Betty, before she turns into Beautiful Betty. Getting the thick shiny lacquer finish off this is a lot more work than I thought but it will be worth it in the end, hence the protective gear.


I dreamt about painting furniture all night last night in my sleep, so I am excited to get into the garage like a mad scientist and create today.

No comments:

Post a Comment